If the eye is the window of the soul, the mouth is the window to the state of the body. Believe it or not, the mouth can be the means where specialists can detect the early signs of developing systemic conditions. The Academy of General Dentistry even stated that 90% of health-related problems have oral manifestations. It only goes to show the importance of seeing the dentist regularly.At Village Dental, not only do we offer a wide selection of oral health care services, but we also want to share the most effective tips and tricks that patients should consider in keeping their oral health in tip-top shape. Doing so can assure them that their dental health care is optimized and that any complications are less likely to worsen or even arise.
Tips for Dental Health Care
- The American Dental Association does their best to help patients care for their oral health. They prepared a Seal of Acceptance that patients can watch out for in choosing good dental products they can use. Try to look for the seal when choosing fluoridated or non-fluoride toothpaste. For better teeth protection, taking advantage of professional fluoride applications also works best.
- Choose the appropriate dental devices. Buy toothbrushes that has soft bristles and avoid the ones with medium to firm brush hairs. Brush the teeth twice a day with gentle pressure for at least two minutes.
- Investing in a manual toothbrush with angled and elevated bristles offer better cleaning than the ones with flat tops. Electric brushes also provide a thorough scrubbing, plus it is also a good option for people who have problems with the functionality of their hands.
- Make sure to replace the toothbrush every three to four months. In case that the bristles look frayed, it is best to toss out the device. Worn out bristles do not offer a good scrub for the teeth.
- Seeking the assistance of the dentist when choosing the best type of toothpaste or rinses to use is a good idea. They may recommend the one that is fitted for the patient’s dental condition.
- Never miss a dental appointment for it is the key to maintaining the state of one’s oral health. At Village Dental, we perform thorough dental examinations, digital x-rays, professional teeth cleanings, and oral cancer screenings under our Complete Checkups. All these procedures can assure patients that their overall oral wellness is in excellent condition.
You deserve outstanding dental care services. We provide Complete Checkups in Elk Grove Village, IL. Book your appointment with us at Village Dental and let us help you achieve beautiful and healthy teeth!