As early as possible, children should learn the proper ways of taking care of their teeth. So that they will have better oral hygiene and it will be their routine as they grow old. Parents usually suffer on how they will motivate their children for cleaning their teeth. Having healthy teeth are necessary to boost our self-esteem and confidence. So here’s a way on how you can help your child learn to brush their teeth
- Brush your teeth together. Make teeth brushing an activity or a family bonding. Every child loves to imitate their parents, and it’s an effective way to encourage them. Most kids want to dress like their parents, so it is one way of compelling them. Be a good role model on how to practice good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing in front your child and then let them try themselves.
- Let your child choose a toothbrush. Allow your child pick a toothbrush that he or she wants to use. It helps the learning process on how to take care their teeth fun. As to how he or she chooses a toothbrush it gives motivation in practice brushing. Try to provide them with the freedom to choose their toothbrush so that it will boost excitement on their part as well.
- Create a reward. It is not bad to lure your child in something he or she will look forward to brushing. Rewards are excellent motivators and encouragement. Try to set a reward system, means to say you will decide whether you will give an instant or delayed reward. As they grow old, let them choose a bonus to work on. Make sure they will receive their award right away so that they connect fun with good oral hygiene.
- Make a random story. Try to create a random story, but please not the scary one. Make positive and heroic stories, and the best example of the main character is your child. Let them appreciate that he or she will be a great superhero to save their teeth from the bacteria that will damage it so that they will look forward each brushing activity as hero time and there is a fun part.
- Make use of music. If it is possible, you can have your dance party in the bathroom as a fun bonding while brushing together. Let them choose their favorite music. It will boost motivation, as well as make the possibly ‘boring’ routine more exciting.
- Take time to connect. After the busy days that your child will encounter in their daily routine, take brushing time as a way of re-connect to them. Like, start a conversation about how they spent their day and how exciting their time was. By that, you will get busy on telling you about their activities on that day as well as you keep them busy on their brushing routine. It is a healthy bonding for both of you.
Instill oral hygiene as a routine, at the same time make it a family bond to your child. Don’t forget to put fun time so that no more boring moments in maintaining proper oral hygiene for a healthy teeth. There is a fun time, and you can prevent them from any dental diseases.Looking for a Dental Clinic for Chipped Tooth in Elk Grove Village? Contact us at Village Dental. We are located at 958 Elk Grove Town Center, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007.